The Mass Media Registration Certificate No. FS77-72454 on 05.03.2018
The Digital Scholar: Philosopher’s Lab is a quarterly peer-reviewed journal published by Lobachevsky State University Press (National Research Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod, Russia).
FOCUS AND SCOPE
The Digital Scholar: Philosopher’s Lab is aimed to be an open space of academic communications between philosophers, science studies scholars and researchers from neighboring academic fields.
The journal publishes papers in the areas of philosophy and science studies in the Russian and English languages.
The sub-areas include ontology; epistemology; history of philosophy; history, methodology and philosophy of science; logics; science and technology studies; philosophical cognitive studies; ethics; aesthetics; philosophy of religion; philosophy of law; philosophy of culture. It welcomes papers that aim at investigating, analyzing and interpreting varied issues of science and education, culture and society, including the challenges of their transformation influenced by new information and digital technologies, as well as case studies on researchers’ in labs.
The mission of The Digital Scholar: Philosopher’s Lab
(1) The title of The Digital Scholar aims to emphasize the importance of new digital and information technologies in two ways: publication of papers on a variety of online academic platforms to facilitate their visibility and citation; investigation and interpretation of the role of the new technologies in contemporary society as a crucial subject for philosophical studies;
(2) The subtitle Philosopher’s Lab emphasizes an experimental nature of contemporary philosophical practices aiming to investigate science in labs.
An important objective of The Digital Scholar: Philosopher’s Lab is also to increase the visibility of the Science, Technology, and Society studies in the Russian scholarship as an area still insufficiently explored and non-institutionalized in the Russian research and education space.
The Digital Scholar: Philosopher’s Lab publishes original articles embracing the results of theoretical and applied research, the proceeding of scientific events, as well as reviews on academic literature, including the recent books on related topics.
The main sections of the journal include
- Case studies
The Journal Editorial Council and Editorial Board aim to create a journal that meets international standards, provides scientific community with high-quality information in the field of philosophy and science studies, and to include the Journal in the global information resources.
The objectives of the Journal are:
- enhance studies and the visibility of their results in the field of philosophy and history of science;
- facilitate communication of scientific knowledge both to research communities and wider public;
- publish papers in science studies; studies in digital technologies, ICT, and socio-humanitarian technologies; studies in the today’s transformations of society, science, culture, higher education and knowledge under the influence of digital technologies and ICT;
- emphasize various issues of the Science, Technology, and Society Studies (STS);
- theoretically and empirically study the issues of open science, the quality and effectiveness of scientific research and expertise.
The Journal is available in print (by subscription) and online version (open access).
The Journal charges no publication fees.
The languages of the publications: Russian and English
Abstracting and indexing: Philosophy Documentation Center (PDC).DOI assighment by PDC.
Place of publication:
Nizhni Novgorod, Russia
Publisher: Nizhni Novgorod State University Press
23 Prospekt Gagarina (Gagarin Avenue)
603950 Nizhny Novgorod, Russia