Adrian M. Bekarev
Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod
Galina S. Pak
Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod
The practice oriented approach in postgraduate education
Abstract. The practice-oriented approach implies a shift in emphasis from objective knowledge to operational knowledge. The focus is on a transition from depicting ways to obtain knowledge to acquiring them, from established knowledge to knowledge of ignorance. The formation of operational knowledge involves the use of technologies that answer the navigational model in education. The article aims to enunciate the philosophical basis of the practice-oriented approach in education and substantiate its efficiency for the course on the History and Philosophy of Science in postgraduate studies, referring to the ideas of the Russian philosopher Nina I. Martishina. Philosophical reflection as a universal intellectual operation suggests analyzing the three levels of objective reality of science, depicted by the Russian philosopher Mikhail B. Sapunov.
The results of the study. Philosophical knowledge, presented in the form of intellectual operations, becomes available for practical use, and the three levels of philosophical reflection on the objective reality of science substantiate the unity of the three aspects of the existence of science. Operational knowledge bases on using the navigation (or network model in education.
Discussions and conclusions. The results of the study give the basis for suggesting the “naviga-tional” model (Sergei A. Smirnov’s concept), or network model of education. The authors suggest two cases using a practice-oriented approach in the teaching of the History and Philosophy of Science.
Keywords: reflection, levels of philosophical reflection, operational character of knowledge, education models, navigational model of education, dialogue, knowledge about ignorance, self-seeking subject
- Boguslavskii, M.V., Neborskii, Y.V. Development of the University Education in the Context of Globalization, in SHS Web Conferences. 2016. Vol. 29. 2016 International Conference “Education Environment for the Information Age” (EEIA-2016) (Moscow, June 6–7). DOI: 10.1051/shsconf/20162901011 (accessed on January 20, 2019).
- Bozhkov, O.B. Ponyatiya povsednevnosti i praktik: k utochneniyu sotsiologicheskogo smysla [Everyday Life and Practices: Towards Clarification of the Sociological Sense of Notions], Sotsiologicheskiy zhurnal / Sociological Journal, 2014, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 133–154. DOI: 10.19181/socjour.2014.20.4.242. (In Russian)
- Bridgman, P. Reflections of a Physicist. New York: Philosophical Library, 1955. XII. 392 pp.
- Collingwood, R.G. Ideya istorii. Avtobiografiya [The Idea of History. An Autobiography] / transl. from English and comments by Yu.A. Aseyev. Moscow: Nauka, 1980. 485 pp. (In Russian)
- Dinaburg, S.V. Problema kontseptualizatsii fenomena praktiki v kontekste transdistsiplinarnykh strategiy postneklassicheskoy nauki [The Problem of Conceptualizing the Phenomenon of Practice in the Context of Transdisciplinary Strategies of Post-non-classical Science], Vestnik Permskogo universiteta. Filosofiya. Psikhologiya. Sotsiologiya / The Journal Perm University Herald. Series “Philosophy. Psychology. Sociology”, 2018, iss. 4, pp.496–507. DOI: 10.17072/2078–7898/2018–4-496–507. (In Russian)
- Foucault, M. Istoriya bezumiya v klassicheskuyu epokhu [Madness and Civilization: A History of Insanity in the Age of Reason (French: Folie et Deraison: Histoire de la folie a l’age classique)] / transl. from French by I. Staf. Saint Petersburg: Universitetskaya kniga Publ., 1997. 576 pp. (In Russian)
- Kant, I. Kritika chistogo razuma [Critique of Pure Reason (German: Kritik der reinen Vernunft)] / transl. from German. Simferopol: Renome, 1998. 528 pp. (In Russian)
- Leshkevich, T.G. Filosofiya nauki [The Philosophy of Science]: Tutorial. Moscow: INFRA Publ., 2008. 272 pp. (In Russian)
- Macovec, G. Trends in Higher Education and Library Consortia, Journal of Library Administration, 2017, vol. 57, iss. 5, pp. 577–584.
- Manson, P. Lodka na alleyakh parka: Vvedeniye v sotsiologiyu [The Boat in the Park: Introduction to Societal Studies] / transl. from Swedish. Moscow: Ves mir, 1994. 96 pp. (In Russian)
- Martishina, N.I. Teoriya poznaniya kak prikladnaya distsiplina, a takzhe o vozmozhnosti eye prakticheski oriyentirovannogo prepodavaniya [Theory of Knowledge as an Applied Discipline, as well as the Possibility of Its Practically Oriented Teaching], Epistemology&Philosophy of Science. Epistemologiya i filosofiya nauki, 2008, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 92–108. (In Russian)
- Martishina, N.I. Filosofiya nauki v inzhenernom vuze: praktikooriyentirovannyy podkhod [Philosophy of Science in an Engineering University: a Practical-Oriented Approach], Vyssheye obrazovaniye v Rossii, 2013, no.10, pp. 151–156. (In Russian)
- Pivovarov, D.V. Operatsionalizm in Sovremennyy filosofskiy slovar / ed. by V.E. Kemerov; 2nd ed. London, Frankfurt am Main, Paris, Luxembourg, Moscow, Minsk: Panprint Publ, 1998, pp. 609–612. (In Russian)
- Porus, V.N. Filosofiya dlya aspirantov: porog vykhoda ili vkhoda? [Philosophy for Postgraduate Students: The Threshold of Exit or Entry?], Vysshee Obrazovanie v Rossii / Higher Education in Russia, 2007, no. 7, pp. 156–157.
- Rozin, V.M. Analiz realnogo poznaniya kak usloviye snyatiya spora konstruktivistov i realistov [An Analysis of the Real Cognition as a Condition for the Resolving the Controversy between Constructivists and Realists], Epistemology&Philosophy of Science. Epistemologiya i filosofiya nauki, 2015, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 65–79. (In Russian)
- Sapunov, M.B. O probleme realnosti v istorii i filosofii nauki [To the Problem of Reality in History and Philosophy of Science], Vysshee Obrazovanie v Rossii / Higher Education in Russia, 2012, no. 2, pp. 147–155. (In Russian)
- Smirnov, S.A. Praktikuyemyye modeli sotsialno-gumanitarnogo obrazovaniya [Practiced Models of Education in the Social Sciences and Humanities], in: Prepodavaniye sotsialno-gumanitarnykh distsiplin v vuzakh Rossii [Teaching of the Social Sciences and Humanities in Russian Universities]: Analytical report / ed. by L.G. Ionina. Moscow: Logos Publ., 2003. 660 pp. (In Russian)
- Smirnov, S.A. Chelovek perekhoda [The Person of Transition]: A Collection of Academic Papers. Novosibirsk, NSUEA Publ., 2005. pp. 1336-157. (In Russian)
- Strugatsky, A.N. Ponedelnik nachinayetsya v subbotu (skazka dlya nauchnykh rabotnikov mladshego vozrasta) [Monday Begins on Saturday] / A. Strugatsky, B. Strugatsky. Moscow: AST Publ., 2016. 320 pp. (In Russian)